Besides providing an environment which encourages use of the German language, club meetings can offer enriching cultural experiences and an atmosphere of camaraderie which are not always possible during the rush of an ordinary school day. The German club can also be a vehicle for fun, food, and relaxation for all students, in addition to being a place for learning about the German language and the German speaking people.
Monika Santiago, Teacher of German and Spanish
Laura Scott, Teacher of English
Students do not have to be enrolled in a German class to join, but should have an interest in German.
Meeting Day & Time
Second Monday of every month; 3:30pm; room 129
- Stammtisch – We will meet the second Monday of each month.
- Oktoberfest - Party with Bratwurst, Sauerkraut, Kartoffelsalat and Spezi.
- German American Day – Let's celebrate and learn to dance some typical dances!
- Wandertag – Let's hike in our beautiful State Parks!
- Abendessen – Visits to Hans & Franz and Schwabenhaus in Greenville.
- Mittagessen – Visit to the Pretzel Factory in Greenville.
- Kaffeklatsch – Visit to the Village Baker in Pendelton.
- Weihnachten - Celebrate St Nicholas Day on December 6th, decorate a Christmas tree and bake cookies.
- Fasching/Karneval – In February we will party with German food and "dress up" for the occasion.
- Trip to Germany. We invite all students to join us and spend summer 2017 in Austria, Germany, and Switzerland..
- Ostern – Fun and games with members of the Spanish and French Club.
- Field trip to Helen, Georgia – We will visit the Alpine town at the end of the school year.