Early Dismissal & Late Arrival
Students who are less than 5 minutes tardy to school should report directly to first period class. Any student who arrives 5 minutes or more tardy must report to the attendance office for an admittance slip. Students who fail to check in at the attendance office for late arrival will be subject to disciplinary action. All students must sign out in the main office. Students are not to leave school grounds during the school day without first getting permission from the attendance office or school nurse.
The following items apply to early dismissals/late arrivals:
1. Students who need to leave school early are to present a note, signed by the parent, to the secretary in the attendance office upon arriving at school. Do not wait until departure time. The note must state the date and time the student is to leave school along with the reason and a telephone number where the parent can be reached. All notes will be verified before the student will be allowed to sign out. The student will report to the office and check with the secretary at the requested time for dismissal. Students who have early dismissal should leave the campus immediately. False or forged requests for early dismissal will result in disciplinary action.
2. The office will classify the excuse as excused, unexcused, or medical based on South Carolina state attendance law.
3. Students who become ill during the day must report to the school nurse.
4. All students who return to school from an early dismissal will “sign in” at the attendance office.
5. Students who return to school for after school activities should not return to campus before 3:10 p.m. and should park in appropriate areas.
6. Students are to obtain notification from either guidance or an administrator before assuming they have received a schedule change of a permanent Early Dismissal or Late Arrival. Students who do not follow appropriate procedures for schedule changes for permanent Early Dismissals or Late Arrivals are subject to disciplinary action.
7. Easley High School has a closed campus for lunch. Students do not have permission to exit campus for lunch.